These spring rolls were an impromptu lunch one day when I felt like something quick, easy, and cooking-free! I got all of my ingredients cut up and organized on a table and the fun was ready to being! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Rice paper wraps
- Vermicelli rice noodles (you can get these in spinach too, nom nom nom!)
- Bean sprouts
- Carrots (cut like match sticks)
- Avocado (smash or cut into slices, i prefer slices)
- Sweet ginger chili dip (I loooove the “Ginger People” one!)
- Cooked shrimp (optional if you don’t want just “veggie” rolls!)
Alright, so cut up all that needs to be chopped and lay it out so it’s easy to dress your wrap (like makin’ tacos). Cook your vermicelli noodles according to your package, rinse them with cold water and try and separate them with your fork, they get sticky to work with but don’t worry! Just pop them on a plate or bowl and now you’re ready…I mean really ready to get going!
And now it starts:
1) With one, yes just one, rice wrap…I get a bowl of hot water and I prepare my fingers for heat and i put it under the water for about 5-10 seconds and then i pull it out, let it drip dry a bit and put it on a plate (it softens, trust me!).
2) I break off some noodles, place some bean sprouts in there and I’m a big fan of carrot and cucumber so I really loaded those in there. I topped it with the avocado and shrimp (optional) put some of the sauce inside and tried to figure out how to fold it.
3) You want to grab the bottom of the wrap, finagle it around until you get it over that mound of deliciousness and then pull it taught. Pull your sides over now (it’s sticky so it should be closing off pretty well) and roll and pull, roll and pull, roll.
You can dip it in the sauce if you’d prefer or ditch the sauce! Squeeze some lime on it if you want to get really wild and let me know how your experimentation goes!
This recipe for me was free of: Gluten, Dairy, Soy